DocDaddy

Hello from Ohio

Hello everyone.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I have just recently picked up leatherworking.  Looking to build my tools and improve my work.  If anyone has tips on what tools and items are absolute essentials for starting out, I would appreciate it.  Thanks, Larry

Welcome DocDaddy!
Do you know  how to do a search in this forum? There's an oval "Search" bar with a question mark up at the right hand top of the screen. 
If you type search terms like "starting out" or "essential tools" then you'll find discussion threads about those topics. 

The short answer is basically what are you trying to do (tooling? shoe making? saddle making? bags and purses? hand stitching? machine stitching?) and how much money do you want to spend?

I have checked out the topics. Looking to do more holster sheaths and wallets than anything. Not really much tooling as I like the slick look. And on a limited budget. For now   Thank you for the reply. 

You should go to Youtube and check out the videos that Ian Atkinson has posted for his small shop, Leodis Leather. 
He has some great material there, and I think he does what  you are looking for (not tooling, but leather bags and wallets and such.)

Start with this one: Top 25 recommended leather tools.--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfMRaVyCd4

Welcome fellow Ohioan