Sign in to follow this  
Hoyden

Introduction

Just popping in to introduce myself. My name is Noel, my nickname is Hoyden. I live in the northeast.

I work for an advertising agency, but HATE the media. My hobbies are Renaissance Faires, sewing, leatherworking, gardening and my dogs.

I just started working with leather this year in January. I started making decorative sturdy nylon dog collars for large breed dogs last year and decided that I wanted make leather collars too.

Needless to say - I'm in love with leather. I love carving leather. I am still experimenting and learning and I'm very eager to learn more.

Here are a few of the things that I've done, please feel free to point out things that need work or that I did incorrectly - I'm always looking for constructive criticism.

First leather collar - a martingale with a buckle. Learned how to skiv leather so that it didn't crack at the folds:

Black & green leather martingale

Black & green leather martingale front

Second collar - celtic knotwork martingale with a buckle -

1-5BroBlaCelticLS.jpg

Celtic Knotwork Martingale

Celtic Knotwork Martingale 2

Third collar - the gargoyle experiment:

Gargoyle Collar 1

Gargoyle Collar 2

Another with Celtic knotwork. I love knotwork. I've been drawing it for years and recently received the clanbadge software as a gift.

2inBTwBLKnGRCeltic3.jpg

Celtic Knotwork & Shamrock

Celtic knotwork & Shamrock 2

Front of Celtic knotwork & shamrock

The purple acrylic paint experiment - paint is still sticking to the leather despite the best efforts of the hyperactive pitpull puppy who is attempting to trash it for me.

Purple Paint Experiment 1

Purple Paint Experiment 2

Rumble's Collar. This was an experiment and I hate the collar. Looks nice, is pretty sturdy, but all the little imperfections drive me insane. Rumbles' owner loves it though.

PICT0016.jpg

Rumble's collar flat

Rumble's collar 2

Hi from another knotwork fan! I bought the Clanbadge Celtic Knot Font software too...I just love it! It's so much more interesting to make my own knots, although the Dover Publishing books are still good sources.

I like all your collars. I've made some for my folks' Airedales, and a sure fire way to wreck one is for the dog it's on to 'get skunked'!