TinBadgeLeather

Greetings again from North Texas!

Greetings all! I'm back on this site after a few years absense. Couldn't even remember my old user name, probably because I'm older!!!

My leatherworking has hopefully improved over the last several years and I can't wait to see what other members have done too. 

I'm now retired from law enforcement and am able to spend more time improving and promoting my shop. 

My mainstay is custom on duty, off duty and concealed holsters from plain to exotic leathers. I have over 60 different molds and still building that inventory. I also do knife sheaths, buttstock covers, guitar straps and rifle slings, journal covers and pretty much anything that presents a challenge.  If you'd like to see my work and past reviews, go to:

www.tinbadgeleather.com

Right now I'm with an Etsy shop but plans are in the works for a dedicated web site and shop. 

Just a few weeks ago I purchased an American straight stitcher and am needing some extra parts, donor machine and/or to pick someone's brain on this. I'll also post this in the sewing machine section. 

Thank you!

Dale

I really like your stuff.  But I have a quick question:  what machine are you using to do this? (quote from your Etsy page):

"The holster is then put together with heavy bonded polyester cord in a saddle stitch with a commercial stitching machine. "

YinTx

Thanks!

My main machine is an Artisan Toro 3000 with bonded nylon or polyester #346 on top and #277 in the bobbin. 

I also have several vintage hand crank Singers that I use #69 and #20 needles for lighter flat goods.

I just bought an American Straight stitcher a few weeks ago and going thru it for hopefully something that can do some of my SASS rigs.  

Aren't the Artisan and Singers lockstitch machines, not saddle stitch machines?  I don't think I've ever even heard of a saddle stitching machine.... saddle stitching kinda implies an awl and two needles and both hands with a single length of thread.

Look forward to seeing more of your work on leatherworker, definitely nice stuff!

YinTx

You are correct. Lockstitch.