Mocivnik

Designing a signature stamp(s)

I've made a 3d printed stamp for leather for the testing, which resulted into more than excellent for me. But because the material was ABS and was too soft for serial stamping onto 5-6 oz. veg tan, it crushed after few stampings only. Unfortunatelly. (That's showing on 1st picture).

But now I came to the idea, that I should make myself a brass stamp for leather, which would present me with a logo and a sign, that says it was made by hand in my homecountry.

Now I've came to dilemma, whether I should put the text:

1. Handmade or handcrafted? Which suits more, if I'm buying only leather, rivets, buckles and thread, rest is done by my hands? (I would like to stamp leather belts (mostly), but also knife/axe/gun sheats/holsters and maybe one day even messenger bags, etc.

2. Should the text be around the logo or should I have two stamps? I saw many both options applied onto leather products, but never had a conversation about it. I'm a bit more tending to 2 stamps because I don't want to stamp on everything, that was made by my hands in my homecountry. (picture 2)

3. I've set 4 slightly different logos on top of the 2nd picture (above red line). Which is more suitable/better/worse/appropriate...etc. for leatherwork? Or there are completely no limits?

unnamed.jpg

Brez naslova.png

I've updated the whole thing, things changed a bit. Here are new designs, but still cannot decide about the "produced in country", whether it's difference between "handmade" and "handcrafted"? Oppinion?

I still cannot decide, which one to use as template to provide a stamp, although I've decided to make a LOGO stamp without any kind of text.

mNNbLLJ.png

And the final version of logo:
wg3wAFh.png