venator

First Double Gusset Briefcase

So I went and made a double gusset briefcase, not the best leather but it was really just a test to see how it would turn out.  I'm very happy with it, the handles especially were a nice new technique.

vsQkJLoeE4WMHtLa-pic-jpg.jpg.c99e4a44f5474bec117e19e6314a33cb.jpg

wdpuQRrsDPsglTGu-pic-jpg.jpg

4e321tFj7MmXwvxS-pic-jpg.jpg

There's two internal compartments as well as a slip pocket on each side.  There internal pockets within one of the internal compartments and the strap with the snap is so you can drop it over the handle of your roller luggage without losing it.

Nicely done. Simple design too. Looks like it'll get the job done. Is that about 4 oz?

Yeah it's some misc 4/5 oz skirting.  The weight was perfect for this and definitely what I'd use in the future.  You could use thicker for the uprights and 4/5 for the gussets if you wanted something beefier but it's not really necessary.

Nah I think that weight is about right. Is it veg tan or bridle or something else?

3 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Nah I think that weight is about right. Is it veg tan or bridle or something else?

It was an old side they had sitting around the warehouse they called "skirting".  Basically it's like diet bridle, so a similar finish but dull and the flesh side isn't quite as pretty.  So it's bargain bridle?

Nothing wrong with that. Let's you test out a pattern and construction method before you commit to the "good stuff" haha

5 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Nothing wrong with that. Let's you test out a pattern and construction method before you commit to the "good stuff" haha

Yup, and it's not bad leather, just a little down from bridle.  I'm sure I could sell this one easily enough but it's what I had laying around that was the right thickness so away we went.