I finished this holster a little while ago. The first set of pictures I had taken of it gave the holster an orange hue. After doing a lot of reading on photography, I experimented last night with a black background. Done some editing with the Gimp software and this is what I came up with. The holster itself is a Slim Jim pattern from Will Ghormley's Forty-niner pattern pack. 

received_10209365960770049.jpeg

Edited by IngleGunLeather
Grammar

nice job with your cuts and stamping..... looks good

Nice job - I really like the border work.  Did you freehand the lines or use a pattern to layout the serpentine border?  Looks like you cut the border lines with a swivel knife, then beveled the edges before stamping the border?

Thanks for sharing!

15 minutes ago, Treed said:

nice job with your cuts and stamping..... looks good

Thank you

10 minutes ago, garypl said:

Nice job - I really like the border work.  Did you freehand the lines or use a pattern to layout the serpentine border?  Looks like you cut the border lines with a swivel knife, then beveled the edges before stamping the border?

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I used an adjustable creaser for the border layout. All borders were cut with a swivel knife. The serpentine border was beveled after the stamping. Bruce Cheney has an excellent video on this on YouTube.

That came out really nice.  I like the black background as well, makes for a professional looking advertising image.  How difficult was it to learn and accomplish?  Using a Mac or PC?

YinTx

Thank you. Easier than I originally thought. There's a ton of articles and videos and it seemed intimidating but finally figured it out. Still messing around with it and lightning.I used PC with Gimp software.

I made a meander stamp for that sort of border, takes a bit of practice and starting on the sharpest corner to get the right spacing. Beautiful holster! I need to make one for my Blackhawk, I've actually made one for it in the 40 years I have owned it, LOL!