Uwe

Singer 144W302 head $900

Black Friday + Black Wednesday Special. Black Friday because of Thanksgiving week. Black Wednesday because my makerspace TechShop unexpectedly went bankrupt last Wednesday and I had to move all my stuff home on a day's notice, including a large CNC mill I was refurbishing there. I now really have no room to turn around in my garage and something's gotta give or go. So here goes ...

This is a refurbished Singer 144W302 head available for $900. No shipping, sorry. Pick-up only in the Detroit area. 

It is exactly as I acquired it last year. It's sewn to piece of Vinyl. The check spring assembly bits are missing on the thread tension unit -  I'm looking to see if I have a spare one. I have a box full of hand wheels - one of them may fit.IMG_9342.jpgIMG_9343.jpgIMG_9344.jpgIMG_9345.jpgIMG_9346.jpg

Edited by Uwe

So it turns out this machine is actually a Singer 144WSV38. The tag was hiding under the yellow strap. I have no idea what the difference is between this special version and the standard one. It may just be a delete option because there's no gear on the shaft for the front hand wheel, so you'd better have long arms.  On the plus side I found most of the missing bits for the thread control check spring unit. 

Price drop to $600 and last call for LW members until year-end.

A few more pictures:

IMG_9519.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9525.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

Edited by Uwe

That thing is bigger than my whole workshop!   :lol:

SOLD