ELeBlanc

any issues with putting a servo on a Singer 153W103?

No issues, swapping the clutch motor for a servo motor, assuming the clutch motor was mounted in a standard 3 bolt standard setup.  If not you may have to drill a few new holes but that's not a big deal.

The Servo motor is a huge improvement over the clutch motor, you wont regret it.

I converted a 153W 100 over to a servo with no problem but I did find I needed to install a speed reducing pulley so I could drop the speed down slow enough to do leather. 

Try and fit the smallest pulley you can find to the motor - 2" or less - as it all helps. You'll probably need a shorter belt too. Just watch the weight of the clutch motor when you remove it, they're heavy!!

Hello, sorry for coming in late here.

I’m about to put a servo motor underneath my 153w103, but I’m hesitating. Will a Doso DS 28 (3/4 hp) servo motor suffice, or do I need more grunt? 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Dikman :)

On 5/19/2018 at 5:17 AM, Mizzy said:

Hello, sorry for coming in late here.

I’m about to put a servo motor underneath my 153w103, but I’m hesitating. Will a Doso DS 28 (3/4 hp) servo motor suffice, or do I need more grunt? 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Did you end up doing this and how did it work? What Servo did you use?  I'm looking at a 153W103 now...