BillinTR

Tips and Tricks

I am pretty new here so I don't know my way around this site. But I have been surfing the web for a long time and feel like I am able to find something when I want to. During my time lurking and learning I have seen reference multiple times to the "Tips and Tricks section on the main page."  Well I don't seem to able to locate any section labelled "Tips and Tricks."  What is considered the "main page" here and where can I find the "Tips and Tricks" section. It could just be that my neurons aren't firing but could somebody point me in the right direction? There are things mentioned as being there that I would like to read.

main page
http://leatherworker.net/forum/

tips and tricks ( yes, it is actually called "how do I do that" )
http://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/36-how-do-i-do-that/

HTH :)

Thanks Mike. OK I am not a total dunce. I have spent a lot of time reading in the "How do I do that" section. I guess what confused me is that there are references to stuff being posted in the "Tips and tricks" section in some of the messages in the "How do I do that" section.

Billin, they would most likely be referring to the sticky threads posted at the top of that forum by master leather craft people like Hidepounder (Bob Parks).

Edited by Sheilajeanne

:)

I guess what confused me is that there are references to stuff being posted in the "Tips and tricks" section in some of the messages in the "How do I do that" section.

You think that posts in a section referring to other posts in that same section, but using another name for the section is confusing ? :) Wait 'til you read what some people call the parts of the top thread that are showing on the underside of a machine stitched line because the tensions are not right, or what some people say is the official name for "thread snips"..or "cones"

I'm still wondering what is the definition of "Sonoma leather"..some places use that Sonoma term for faux / artificial leather* ( plastic or PVC )..some show it as a leather ( with no explanation at all .maverickleather I'm looking at you here )..and some places use it along with lambskin..except if they allow leather to be used for what is PVC ( and thus IMO and in most legal definitions the use of the word leather there is wrong and shouldn't be used for any kind of plastic , no matter what it is trying to look like ) ..does that mean Sonoma is real leather ( if so from what animal, and treated how ), or fake or plastic ?..To me Sonoma is where wine comes from, and I know a grape grower / wine producer there who tells me he doesn't see many lambs or sheep.

*You'd ( or at least I would ) think that "leather" would be a "protected" term..that would mean that ebay and Amazon et al couldn't run ads from people selling "PU leather"..and they'd have to say "polyurethane plastic items" for sale.

Edited by mikesc