MacB

Which VBelt size for a Speed reducer

Hi, I am a proud (newly) owner of a Pfaff 141 with a clutch motor and i bought myself this speed Reducer.

http://www.techsew.com/parts-supplies/sewing-accessories/speed-reducer.html

In Austria/Germany it only costs about $ 60,-. I still have no clue on how to get that thing under my table, since I almost have no space down there and I will have to move the motor position. Since I will need a new V-Belt and I would first of like to check the shortest distance between the big Pully and the motor, does anyone have a clue what kind and what size of vbelt fit onto that reducer? I found some with 9,7mm width, but it says, that the smallest diamter of a pulley shouldn't be less than 63mm (which is bigger than the small one on the reducer). Enclosed a few pics and the maybe only possible place where to put the reducer. I Will have to take the table apart, since the "cross-beam" (?) is in the way and i can't acces the screw anymore.

thanks in advance

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

I think the sewing machine belts are size 3L, but not 100% sure.  Technically I think you could mount the reducer on top of the table if you don't have room below, but you have to watch the position if you want to be able to tip your machine.  It's hard to guess the belt length you will need until everything is assembled.

3L fractional size, 3/8 in. top width, 7/32" thick.

By the way, that looks like one heck of an on/off motor switch you've got there.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

5 hours ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

3L fractional size, 3/8 in. top width, 7/32" thick.

By the way, that looks like one heck of an on/off motor switch you've got there.

Thx!! Yeah it is a nice switch :-)) Turning knob like i used to have in my childhood at home in the basement :-)