Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

Tri weave stamp help

OK so I just cant seem to keepfrom getting little ridges between my tri weave stamping. I have a heck of a time keeping them lined up and after about two rows or so I start losing my tightness and uniformity.

I know there was a semi guide in one of the threads but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Something about using a toothpick and lines and stuff.

I know tandy stuff isnt the best and thats what I am using right now but I checked my tools and they are ok as far as spacing,

The ridges come from the stamp turning one way or the other and then the next row dosent turn the same way, any way mark a line with marker on both sides of your stamp and then scribe a lite line on your leather and line those lines on the stamp with the line on the leather then each row after that you can mark a line if you need it but you get that first row straight and your on your way.

Look up rawhide he was the one that posted that pic of tri weave.

Josh

Edited by jbird

I know what you mean, at first I couldn't get it. What I learn and do now is care mark your tool with a center mark (I used a sharpie) so I can orient my tool to my path. Second, tilt one corner (depending on with side and direction your going) and make sure that the corner is sunk into the previous tool mark. Once you register it, re-align the tool upward and hit it softly to register the whole tool mark. Then you just register the tool mark and hit it again tilting it on each direction until you get all three corners sunk. Note: Be very careful because you can actually hit it hard enough to go through up a 4oz piece. Trust me, lesson learned here.

Good luck, I just finished a cell phone case with the tri-weave and I will try to send you a pix soon.

New Years greetings from Round Rock, Texas

You can look back at my holster post that was a full triweave pattern hope this helps.

Josh

Thanks Jbird and ATX that does help alot. I couldnt remember who posted that help from before.