Sign in to follow this  
candyleather

Cheryl Smeja Art

I want make this leatherwork but I don't know how to, or if I need a real model for to mold or to cast the body in leather. Easier said than done. Thanks for your help.

1355_1.JPG

1d0e_1.JPG

post-145-1181332332_thumb.jpg

post-145-1181332348_thumb.jpg

The easiest and best way is to ask the artist to teach you how to do this. Then come and tell us.

I would expect to pay for the class.

Art

I want make this leatherwork but I don't know how to, or if I need a real model for to mold or to cast the body in leather. Easier said than done. Thanks for your help.

Oh yeah, He's French , Spanish, or Italian. Where is it displayed?

Art

You are right Art, but I dont know who is the artist, I would like speak with him. I think he is french or spanish.

Art

In ebay France, but I have seen that leatherworks in Spain. I know that in the leathercrafters&saddlers journal you can look a banner from a store selling material for made leather masks. Lc&s Journal, May/Jun 2007, nº 3, page11, csmeja.com, but I am not sure if they use the same technic.

Ok, csmeja is Cheryl Smeja 30 Doty Street Mineral Point, WI 53565. (608) 987-3607. Give her a call, she might know who made it. I was going to recommend her as a point of contact anyway.

Art

In ebay France, but I have seen that leatherworks in Spain. I know that in the leathercrafters&saddlers journal you can look a banner from a store selling material for made leather masks. Lc&s Journal, May/Jun 2007, nº 3, page11, csmeja.com, but I am not sure if they use the same technic.

Art

You can look at this book in amazon.fr51G8EQDMKTL._SS500_.jpg . I wont buy it but is out of print.

Ok, csmeja is Cheryl Smeja 30 Doty Street Mineral Point, WI 53565. (608) 987-3607. Give her a call, she might know who made it. I was going to recommend her as a point of contact anyway.

Art

I sent several emails to csmeja for to buy any articles and they never answer to me. I don't know if her e-mail is running out or really they don't want to sell overseas. There are a liquid called "cola de conejo" (rabbit's tail) that we used for make masks and moulded leather.

post-145-1181337532_thumb.jpg

It's made out of molded leather. It's easier to do the molding with something underneath to brace it. Experiment with a garden statue or something until you have the feel for the leather, and how wet it needs to be. Without a form to follow, you must pay attention to the details, and a good set of modeling spoons/tools will help. The masks and roses molding tutorial under "Tips & Tricks" on the main page goes over all the basics. The rest is left up to the imagination. :) You can finish that kind of wall hanging art with a thick Neat Lac spray for a high gloss finish, because it isn't subject to stress.

What exactly do you want to know from Cheryl? I can contact her easily, but I don't think she's going to tell you anything differently than what we can.

I moved this into the adult section because the art is a nude female form. I find this kind of art beautiful, but search engines for AOL, Yahoo, MSN & Google etc and the new anti spyware/parental controls all have "family friendly" rules, and a violation could get the whole forum blacklisted. Because of the risk, if I'm going to err, it will be on the side of caution, not common sense.

Johanna

You can look at this book in amazon.fr51G8EQDMKTL._SS500_.jpg . I wont buy it but is out of print.

I sent several emails to csmeja for to buy any articles and they never answer to me. I don't know if her e-mail is running out or really they don't want to sell overseas. There are a liquid called "cola de conejo" (rabbit's tail) that we used for make masks and moulded leather.

:w00t: Hey! The public library in my town have this book! I have read it! It is a excellent book! Full of detail, but, in french... I think i'm going to fake a "lost" of this book give money to the library :angel_not:

The guy use plastic masks to mold leather on to it. But, Semdja use almost the same technique! Man, i must do a mask some day.... :angel_not: