Clintonville Leather

206 RB Question Stitch length changing during stitch

My machine was acting up on some Harness leather.  Everything was dialed in tension wise and it just started stitching short and screwed up a belt.  Was wondering if anyone had ever had that problem?  Thank you in advance.

32 minutes ago, Clintonville Leather said:

My machine was acting up on some Harness leather.  Everything was dialed in tension wise and it just started stitching short and screwed up a belt.  Was wondering if anyone had ever had that problem?  Thank you in advance.

That happens a lot if the bobbin gets caught up. Thread could be badly wound on. Sometimes the top thread could get snagged as well. If the tension still looks fine either side it is probably something else. Picture would help. Brian

6 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

That happens a lot if the bobbin gets caught up. Thread could be badly wound on. Sometimes the top thread could get snagged as well. If the tension still looks fine either side it is probably something else. Picture would help. Brian

I was having some bobbin problems.  I just noticed something bizarre though it stitches normal on 8-9 veg but when I put 8-9 harness in it stitches shorter?

32 minutes ago, Clintonville Leather said:

I was having some bobbin problems.  I just noticed something bizarre though it stitches normal on 8-9 veg but when I put 8-9 harness in it stitches shorter?

I would suspect that the veg is firmer and the feed more positive than on the more softer harness. A little less foot tension may help or perhaps you will need to open the stitch length more on the harness.

25 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

I would suspect that the veg is firmer and the feed more positive than on the more softer harness. A little less foot tension may help or perhaps you will need to open the stitch length more on the harness.

That sounds right.  It is just odd I never noticed that before.  I will go through and adjust the foot tension.  I have only oiled it in the last two years it may need some adjustments.