DonInReno

Best head cover ever!

This will be the most trivial post of the month, but it's one of those strange things that just works better than it should! Lol

Thinking they were normal construction cleanup trash bags, albeit clear, I picked up a handful of these and stowed them away in the work truck.  It must have taken a year to actually open one up and wow these are cool!  They are 10 mil clear plastic with a simple heat seam across the bottom.  I cut 16" off the bottom of one as a temp dust cover for a machine being stored in the garage and forgot about it.  A month later and after taking the machine down a half dozen times I'm now in love with these!  They are stiff enough to hold a nice shape, clear enough to see what's inside, and so simple it's stupid! Throw 'em on the floor, sit on 'em - 10 mil poly is pretty tough.

Honestly I have no idea where these came from, but they are probably over priced, and it's so easy to make a few of any custom size you want there's no reason to buy a box.  A normal clothes iron can be used to seal clear poly to itself - simply use parchment paper between the iron and poly and it won't stick.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by DonInReno
Add pic

Look, a hat for your machine!