Sign in to follow this  
Rhale

Singer 111w155

Can anyone tell me when a singer 111w155  ser# w1448099 was made?  I have a chance to buy one and know nothing about them, comes with new stand/table recently serviced and seems to work very well,  is it worth $450?  

1 hour ago, Rhale said:

Can anyone tell me when a singer 111w155  ser# w1448099 was made?  I have a chance to buy one and know nothing about them, comes with new stand/table recently serviced and seems to work very well,  is it worth $450?  

http://www.singerco.com/admin-support/machine-serial-numbers/single-letter

looks like prod began 1911, not sure what it's worth...

more info on the site from a previous purchaser, seems like $450 comparatively to the original purchase price is a good deal (See Uwe's post on above link)

http://sewingmachinenut.blogspot.com/2015/11/industrial-strength-singer-111w155.html

Edited by koreric75
added another link about subject thread

Thanks,  I may just have to get it.  I usually won’ t sew more than 8 to 10 oz total weight,  hope it will handle that ok!

I've had my singer 111W155 since 1982 and it was quite used back then when i worked in a car upholstery shop, my boss gave it to me as bonus instead of $500 for a job we did prior, I oil it everytime I use it and it's still working just fine like the day I got it. I used in the shop I worked at and was angry a few times and had mass production work at time so I've done some really fast work on it without breakage, this machine is a tank!!! i only wish it had reverse but i'm sure it's a lot less than a Juki or a Phaff which I've used also, I like the Juki since it's much like the 111w 155 but for the price I'm happy to this day!!! for the first time since i've owned it i had to order needles for it online , i wish i found this group first but that's no biggie