Does anyone have experience making outside the waistband leather holsters and willing to help me solve an issue?

I have made a few OTW holsters and I am struggling to find out the right way to balance the weight of the firearm.

The last one I made pressed the muzzle into my hip.

The firearm I am using is a Glock 21. The rest 1.5” belt loop hole is positioned or lined up with the top 1/3 of the trigger guard. The front loop is slightly above the ejection port.

I see a lot of different designs on the market and I am trying to figure out how you figure out the best way to balance out the firearm.

thanks 

One of the best things I can recommend is to search holsters here and a ton of them will come up.  Study them closely and also buy the book on holster making and patterns at Tandy, I know this is  not what you asked for but it still might help.

A "pancake" style holster will pull the weight of the firearm pretty well into your side, a belt-loop type will let the weight of the firearm pivot a bit more, possible causing the rig to push in at the lower end. You can also adjust the "ride-height" some to affect this. A stiffer carry belt will also affect this. 

BTW, I went to DeAnza junior high school, and Ventura High School in the 60's. I lived at the entrance to Lake Casitas, as my dad was the Park Superintendent there at the time.  (This was LONG before there was even an island in Lake Casitas.)  I know for a fact that my grade school isn't there anymore. Santa Ana School. 4 rooms, and the lunch room was benches under the Live Oaks. Wow, talk about the "wayback machine"!!!

Jeff