Sign in to follow this  
Johanna

sharpening services

I'm doing a website for an old friend, a member here at leatherworker.net named Neil Cowan. (The guy in the kilt in the CIL show pics!) He can sharpen anything, and you will be satisfied with his work. He's that good!

From Neil:

I have been sharpening all kinds of blades and edges for over 30 years. I can put an edge on most type of blade or metal. Low cost shipping and handling between Macon, GA and your location. Call or E-Mail me for a quote. Examples of work I regularly do:

Knives-Kitchen

Steak, Utility, Boning, Butcher, Cleaver, Paring, Serrated, Kitchen & Poultry Shears

Tools

Axe, Chainsaw, Double Bit Axe, Hunting Knife, Splitting Maul, Pocket Knife, Hoe, Shovel, Machete, Drill Bits, Pruning and Lopping Shears

Also Throwing Hawks, Stars, Boot Knives, Swords, Scimitar, Rapier, Samurai, Claymore, Double Edged Swords,

Scissors

Dress Makers Shears Pinking Shears Standard Shears Electric Hair Trimmers Hair Shears Thinning Shears Chunking Shears Nippers Razors Clipper Blades Straight Razor

Please let me know what other specific information you need. You can call me at: 478-719-4711, or E-Mail me.

Neil

If you are looking for a pro to do a good job with a fast turnaround, call Neil. If you have an unusual item that requires special treatment, call Neil. He's done one before.

Johanna

(back to work on his website!)

Johanna:

can he sharpen head/round knives? That is a specialty very few people know how to do correctly. (I noticed that there is no mention of that service, so I'm just wondering if he does that.)

Yes, he can sharpen head/round knives. Thanks for noticing the omission from the list! Neil is a leatherworker (that's what prompted him to get really really good at sharpening!) so the blades we use don't intimidate or surprise him.

Johanna

Yes, he can sharpen head/round knives. Thanks for noticing the omission from the list! Neil is a leatherworker (that's what prompted him to get really really good at sharpening!) so the blades we use don't intimidate or surprise him.

Johanna

Thanks.

Russ

Ask him if he can do inverted serated blades like this one:

C12G_L.jpg

Or like this:

C106YL_L.jpg

Or like this:

C08_L.jpg

I own all three and all three need a good sharpening... but no one around here will touch them....

bump