I'm looking to replace Fiebings edge dye that I have used for years. I use it for edge dying and touching up holes. They have discontinued it, so I'm having to recreate it. I need a solvent based pigment and de natured alcohol, I guess. Any suggestions? I would like to know what and where I can find the right pigment.

Yep, that's what I use. A lot more options and none of that plasticy feeling stuff.

They used to call it edge dye. Now it's like edge coat/dye.It was made with de natured alcohol. The benefit was when dyeing edges or holes it did not strike quickly like their classic dyes which are methyl hydrate based. Have you ever dyed an edge  just to see it bleed because a fraction of a drop too much was applied? All finished surfaces resist the edge dye a bit so if you spill over or have an accident it's an easy clean up. The regular dye is very harmful to us humans. Just a drop on your skin penetrates you. The vapours are harmful (obviously ) as well. If I use regular dyes, It's outside. Sooooo, I'm trying to recreate the original. It's also great for some of the antique finishes I've developed over the years as well as darkening up laser etched leather.