mjt

Pfaff 145 owners

Could someone tell me if the reverse handle on my Pfaff 145 is supposed to make the Center walking foot and needle bar move back and forth when the machine is otherwise not in motion? The reverse handle was very sticky but I oiled everything and now it's smooth and goes down immediately when you let go of the handle. Seems like everything is working good otherwise.. thanks

Edited by mjt
Spelling

Yes, moving the reverse lever will move the feed dog and needle bar rocker frame. When the feed dog is at the very front, actuating the reverse lever should move it all the way back. This is true for all "normal" sewing machines, not just the Pfaff 145.

Did't I answer this very same question in one of your other topics?

Yes you did Uwe,but it was not clear to me if the needle bar and center foot should move when the machine is not in motion.On my Singer 201 and Juki ls341 nothing moves when you use the reverse lever. I understand they are different mechanisms. I followed your advice and kept finding more oil ports and now everything seems to be working smoothly. Thank you

How much movement the feed dog and needle bar rocker frame make when using the reverse lever depends your stitch length and also on their starting position when you use the reverse lever.

If your Juki LS-341 didn't move when pressing down on the reverse lever, it's because you either had stitch length "0" selected, or the feed mechanism happened to be perfectly centered front-to-back by chance (e.g. needle at the very top, or needle at the very bottom.)

Select maximum stitch length and turn the hand wheel until the feed dog is at the very front, then use the reverse lever. That's when the reverse movement is most pronounced. Your Juki LS-341 works exactly the same way.

Edited by Uwe

I scanned this book years ago, hard to find around the internet.  

145 545.pdf