WilburLeather

Making a card holder in under 30 minutes

Hey guys, recently I challenged myself to making a leather card holder in under 30 minutes, and the picture you see is the result. It's fairly standard, but I think for 30 minutes worth of work, the end result is pretty good. If this interests you, you can check out the video of me making it here, on my YouTube Channel.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think!

Card Holder.jpg

Well, you ask what we think. I think you need to do a lot of internal training before you try to teach someone to make the afore said "Card Holder".

It is good that you are working on the craft. Your expertise simply isn't there yet.

Don't wish to hear from anyone thinking I am "Mean". No one will ever learn if they aren't criticized as well as praised for their work.

Ferg

Sometimes, you need to consider "should", vs. "can". 

My opinion is that no matter how long a project takes you, you should always do the very best work you can. Speed is not important until you master the skill first. 

Said better than I. KingsCountyLeath

Ferg

It's a fun little project to work out your skills, and I wasn't trying to make something amazing, just trying to show that this could be done. I'm not claiming to be an expert on this.

I think it’s great that you take the time to try to help others learn leather craft! I know it takes time to edit the videos before adding them to YouTube. I have a couple of videos up for entertainment purposes only.

I personally would like to think you’d spend a bit more time perfecting your craft before teaching others.

I did watch the video but I still think speed isn’t something that’s important at all. There really wasn’t much skill to this wallet and you really need to work on your stitching technique.

I’m not trying to offend you with my opinions. Why not try something amazing? And impress us with your skill? I think you can if you try!