Tallbald

Wishing for new motorized edge burnisher. Thoughts?

I'm a small time hobbiest who does sell a goodly number of belts and black powder revolver holsters. My burnisher currently is a small Harbor Freight drill press with 1/2 inch chuck. I make my own purpleheart hardwood rotary burnisher tools to use in the press.

I want a tabletop horizontal axis burnisher with a Jacobs chuck. Anyone here know of a brand, or a ball bearing arbor setup I can buy to make my own with? I'm pretty useful in my little fabrication shop and might be able to come up with something.

Thanks. Don

You could just make a mount to house your press horizontally. Or at least the parts needed for burnishing.

Just thinking out loud.

Take the motor or a spare motor and attach motor arbor like below

https://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/cl10009/

Hope this helps

Gene

Sorry, mount the motor horizontal or mount a spare motor in the horizontal position and use the arbor listed above  

Check out one of my most recent posts about the horizontal burnisher I made out of a free treadmill motor. It produces absurdly good results with absurdly little effort. The key is going SLOW.

These are great ideas. I really thank each of you. I'm going to explore some options here. Thanks again. Don.