Sign in to follow this  
Kanga

Introduction

Hello, I just stumbled across this site and it looks like a good forum so I joined immediately. I live in Victoria, Australia with my horse and 5 dogs. I've been dabbling in leatherwork for about 8 years now, mostly kangaroo hide, plaiting & making solid roo hide dog collars. I'd never seen them until I started making them.

I've had a bit of a look around and have to say some of the work here is amazing and I feel rather intimidated but then I tell myself, what the heck, I am here to learn, so please dont laugh at me if I ask something dumb.

Linda

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ki...03-0309_IMG.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ki...03-0371_IMG.jpg

drats, I cant figure out how to post pics. Oh well, my work is pretty basic compared to what I've seen here

The first pic is of a slip collar & lead, I hand cut the lacing, I find the quality is much better when you buy a whole hide & cut it yourself.

the second pic is a 3ply roo hide dog collar, it gets very soft with use, kind on those delicate sighthound necks.

Edited by Kanga

Coooooooooeee Back to you too. Welcome aboard fellow Aussie. You will have fun and learn heaps here. Sit back and enjoy.

Barra

Linda. Whee are you getting your Roo from?

Barra

Hi linda and barra!

I'm from Australia too (Vic in fact). You guys don't know of a shop in Victoria that sells leatherworking tools do you, other than Leffler? Any leathercraft shops? I can't find anything to get started with :-(

EDIT: I just noticed your reply to my other thread. Thanks.

Edited by The_RealScott

Welcome, Linda!

Thankyou all.

Bruce I think I answered you - Packers in Qld. I always ring and they're usually pretty good at understanding what I want. If they haven't got it they'll tell me. They also have some pretty good sales sometimes too although being all the way down South you dont really get the pick of sale items. I'd love to go there in person one day & rummage through all their hides. Ahhh now that's my idea of a holiday!

Linda