I have a Techsew 5100 se and I need to adjust the height of the presser foot but I have no clue on how to do this, watched the dvd read the manual and neither mention how this is done. Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to lower it all the way down.

You have to remove the face plate first. The presser bar is the last one near the back side. It is secured with 1 or 2 screws. If you loosen the screws (you may need to rotate the hand wheel to get clear access to those screws), you can raise, lower and rotate the outside foot as needed. Tighten it enough to test the lift ratio between the inside and outside feet as you hand wheel a few times, adjusting the height as necessary. When the raise and lower height is right, tighten the screws all the way.

I am curious why you need to change the height of the presser foot?

6 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

You have to remove the face plate first. The presser bar is the last one near the back side. It is secured with 1 or 2 screws. If you loosen the screws (you may need to rotate the hand wheel to get clear access to those screws), you can raise, lower and rotate the outside foot as needed. Tighten it enough to test the lift ratio between the inside and outside feet as you hand wheel a few times, adjusting the height as necessary. When the raise and lower height is right, tighten the screws all the way.

I am curious why you need to change the height of the presser foot?

Thank you so much. It's been set to sew about 12 oz and I have a quick project to do that's only 6 oz.

Your photo looks like the feet have been raised by the hand lift lever on the back of the head. Did you forget to lower the lever? Or, did the foot lift chain get twisted around itself, causing the feet to stay lifted?

31 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

Your photo looks like the feet have been raised by the hand lift lever on the back of the head. Did you forget to lower the lever? Or, did the foot lift chain get twisted around itself, causing the feet to stay lifted?

No those were the first two things I checked. Now I have to figure out how to lower the walking foot. I'm new to sewing machines, I have a jack sewing machine also for my light weight stuff, but I never had to do any of this to it.

Try turning the pressure spring adjuster to the right or left. Some of them are bored off center and cause the presser bar to stick in the raised position.

1 minute ago, Wizcrafts said:

Try turning the pressure spring adjuster to the right or left. Some of them are bored off center and cause the presser bar to stick in the raised position.

Are you talking about the large screw at the top of the head?. If so I have turned it all the way up and down and nothing happened, or do you mean the actual spring?.

I look forward to getting more help from you. 

You had it right the first time. It is the large screw on the top left. Contact Techsew for further technical assistance. You can damage the machine if you don't know what you are doing.

5 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

You had it right the first time. It is the large screw on the top left. Contact Techsew for further technical assistance. You can damage the machine if you don't know what you are doing.

Ok great thank you, I will contact them tomorrow