jduff

Help with Singer 112w116

Hello I I’ve noticed that some members have posted about this machine, so I thought I’d enlist your help. I just acquired the head only and I’m stumped on how to get it on a table. Can someone give advice and/or post picks of the hinge setup, and specifically which hinges I need to get? I have a table I’m hoping to retrofit, but the puller assembly on the back is giving me a hard time.

Any other advice would also be appreciated, as I have only the head and need to get a motor and pulley, belt, knee lift, etc to get this machine going. 

I downloaded image from e-bay.  This type of assembly is used on heavier machines, such as

112, 144, and 145.  I would call machine dealers on this site for the parts you need.   tx Lynn

singer 112.JPG

1 hour ago, ljk said:

I downloaded image from e-bay.  This type of assembly is used on heavier machines, such as

112, 144, and 145.  I would call machine dealers on this site for the parts you need.   tx Lynn

singer 112.JPG

I came across these but couldn’t see how they would work with my machine. It is missing the plate that covers the puller so maybe that is a problem? See attached pic.

E8FC9530-2A0A-4D29-B55D-5C5F82DFB1F3.jpeg

I found a photo of the hinges. They receive the studs coming off the sides of the puller assembly.  Anyone know of a supplier for these?

F005186A-C47D-4BEF-840B-60DAB45D2E69.jpeg

Good looking machine. I suspect with that puller attachment you wont be tipping the head back very often.  My point is that you could just set the machine into the table and have it sit in the routed-lip of the cutout without the hinge brackets.   Just an idea. 

To tip or not to tip? That is the question.

5 minutes ago, Yetibelle said:

Good looking machine. I suspect with that puller attachment you wont be tipping the head back very often.  My point is that you could just set the machine into the table and have it sit in the routed-lip of the cutout without the hinge brackets.   Just an idea. 

To tip or not to tip? That is the question.

I’m getting nowhere with the search, so I might just do that. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I know this is a very old post. Did you find what you was looking for?