Stetson912

Small photo album work in progress

Wellp, I was 50/50 on the whole mop and glo as a finish/resist... But darnit if it doesn't work great haha. I recently invested in a cheap harbor freight airbrush kit and decided last night to try it out to put the resist on this photo album cover. Not only did it work like a dream, but dried super fast. I was able to antique it 30 mins later! Crazy. Anywho, let me know what y'all think.

before antique20180822_205100-800x800.thumb.jpg.2681b4843399aec595c2e21224c04b64.jpg

After antique 

20180823_232150-800x800.thumb.jpg.ef44935d182abc2b4d96f9a0a12ca367.jpg

I'd say that worked out damn well. I picked up a bottle of mop and glo a while back but have yet to try it but I'm going to soon.

4 hours ago, battlemunky said:

I'd say that worked out damn well. I picked up a bottle of mop and glo a while back but have yet to try it but I'm going to soon.

Thanks man, it worked surprisingly well. Especially out of the airbrush. Cut it 50/50 with water (it'll spray just fine full strength too) and I used maybe a half a siphon bottle thingy worth of it. So not much at all. My favorite part is not having to wait 12+ hours for it to dry haha.

I have been trying Tan-Kote for resisting and not having much luck. It barely resists against Eco-Flo Saddle Tan antique gel. I'm going to give the Mop n Glo a shot on the next piece I do.

Tan kote is weird. I've never had lick with it either. I used to use supersheen and that worked ok. Bit resolene worked better for me. Just took a long time to dry. The mop n glo resembles the resolene bit is a little thinner and has a lemon scent! Haha I couldn't find a d don't know if there's an unscented version