CeeCee

Adler 5 A 25 - Operating Manual & Help Needed

Hi there.  I just recently acquired this Adler 5 A 25 and have not been able to find any information on it anywhere.  

If anyone knows where I can get a suitable foot for sewing holsters, knife sheaths as well as perhaps an edge guide.

The plate has been fixed previously as you can see in the pictures so I may also need a new/used plate.

I have not been able to find a parts list or operating guide for this model and have no idea how old it is.

Thanks in advance everyone.

CeeCee

DSC_1221.JPG

The Adler 5-25 (not sure what the subclass "A" is) is a machine with driven top feed (with toothed presser foot) combined with bottom feed. BUT is it also possible to set up the machine as top feed only - seems your machine is set up this way. I cannot spot a feed dog. But it should be possible to install a standard needle plate and feed dog.

The predecessor of the Adler 5-25 is the Adler 105-25 I attach a data sheet here.

Presser feet are a bit of a problem for this machine as they are using feet with a special shank hight. Not sure how your foot looks like but they are usually toothed.

I think I have a some accessories for this machine but most will not be suitable for holsters as this machine often has been used in for special applications in the shoe trade. I have to look for the accessories and send you a PM when I found them.

If you need a manual google for Adler 105 manual (file is too big to attach here) l, the machine is the later model but technical features of then remained the same (not all but many).

adler-0105-6-8-25.pdf

Perfect.  Thank you Constabulary for the information and I would love to hear from you when you have time regarding what parts you might have.

The foot on it is toothed.  Was hoping to get a smooth foot for it. 

I am going to give it a good cleaning and oiling while I wait on hearing about any plates, feet, etc that may be available.

Have a great day.

On 2.10.2018 at 3:52 AM, CeeCee said:

Perfect.  Thank you Constabulary for the information and I would love to hear from you when you have time regarding what parts you might have.

Don´t know if you get a notification when you receive a PM - so please check your PM´s ;)