pights

how do you achieve this look?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post :) I want to make a satchel and like the look of the leather in this pic   https://www.scaramangashop.co.uk/images/products/verylarge/scaramanga_boysandgirlslargevintageleathersatchel16inch_1464943461LargeVintageLeatherSatchel16InchSATC120374.jpg?1464947063  Is this what you call antiquing? or is it a specific type of leather? 

Thanks so much,

cheers,

pights. 

Edited by pights

It's an oil tan skin. We get ours through Acadia leather. It just comes that way. Possibly old town sage. 

You might like something like this: https://www.tandyleather.com.au/en/product/stoned-oil-side. Hard to tell in the picture, but they have that same dusty sort of finish as the piece in your picture.

Edited by strathmoredesigns

Thanks so much Putnamleather and Strathmoredesigns! 

If you are anywhere near Botany, go into Birdsall Leather. They will have everything you need, including a complete knowledge of how to do things.

I think the leather in your pic, looks like pull-up leather that is designed to be scraped up and then the scrape marks fade. Its almost like a distressed look.