Szymon

Please help, advise. Adler 5-6 , plate, presser, feed dog.

I have a sewing machine Adler 5-6, it is in quite good condition, but I would like to replace the presser foot, Feed dog and needle plate. If anyone knows where I can get these parts, please let me know.

I would most gladly exchange for a flat plate, the one I now have at an angle, see the picture.

AF0A9E52-EE14-4A07-9615-70149E2D6A56.jpeg

The 5-6 originally was set up for a roller presser foot. Not sure if some one probably altered the casting to make this needle plate fit. So If you don´t mind please post more pictures of the machine especially with removed needle plate.

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

The 5-6 originally was set up for a roller presser foot. Not sure if some one probably altered the casting to make this needle plate fit. So If you don´t mind please post more pictures of the machine especially with removed needle plate.

At the moment, I don’t have any photo with removed plate, I can do later. 

If it's like you said it was originally a roller, is it possible to change it to a foot presser , different plate and feed dog?

9FF89DCE-35BC-4E2E-A75F-8E4BBD4AC6ED.jpeg

Edited by Szymon

Could you measure the plate according to the picture? I don´t think you will find a flat plate for that machine?? It would have to be curved, and even curved ones are hard to find.

9.thumb.jpeg.db740f69b46e30f386a62a01bff6efd8.jpeg

Since it is a fix presser foot bar as it seems (no moving back and forth) you can in stall a roller foot. The original roller foot slid directly onto the foot bar and a clamp held it in place so you could adjust is in angle and hight. "The modern" Chinese made roller foot mounts on the squared end of the presser foot bar just as the standard presser foot (in fixed position) BTW - DO NOT buy the roller foot for a Singer 31 they do not fit.

You most likely can install needle plate and feed dog of a Singer 45K but feed dog may need a modification.  Original Adler parts are VERY expensive.

Or a cheap alternative - try GA5-1 parts which are dirt cheap on Ebay - the GA5-1 is based on the Singer 45K and the 45K shares parts with the Adler 5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142866070102

This is just a fraction of what OEM parts cost and worth giving it a try, I think. I think the feed dog may need a little bit of modification but If I were you I would try it.

Just a suggestion ;)

EDIT:

to give you an idea of what original Adler parts would cost:

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=adler+5%2C105&_sacat=0

Edited by Constabulary

3 hours ago, jimi said:

Could you measure the plate according to the picture? I don´t think you will find a flat plate for that machine?? It would have to be curved, and even curved ones are hard to find.

9.thumb.jpeg.db740f69b46e30f386a62a01bff6efd8.jpeg

Sorry for late reply 

4689F6AB-3D19-403D-8E95-76D3DA12996E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Since it is a fix presser foot bar as it seems (no moving back and forth) you can in stall a roller foot. The original roller foot slid directly onto the foot bar and a clamp held it in place so you could adjust is in angle and hight. "The modern" Chinese made roller foot mounts on the squared end of the presser foot bar just as the standard presser foot (in fixed position) BTW - DO NOT buy the roller foot for a Singer 31 they do not fit.

You most likely can install needle plate and feed dog of a Singer 45K but feed dog may need a modification.  Original Adler parts are VERY expensive.

Or a cheap alternative - try GA5-1 parts which are dirt cheap on Ebay - the GA5-1 is based on the Singer 45K and the 45K shares parts with the Adler 5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142866070102

This is just a fraction of what OEM parts cost and worth giving it a try, I think. I think the feed dog may need a little bit of modification but If I were you I would try it.

Just a suggestion ;)

EDIT:

to give you an idea of what original Adler parts would cost:

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=adler+5%2C105&_sacat=0

Thank you very much for your help.

I will try GA5-1, I thought about it before, these parts are not expensive.

5 hours ago, Szymon said:

Sorry for late reply 

Yes the GA5-1 parts should fit, i have a plate here and measures almost exactly the same so i think it would work and they cant get any cheaper for a whole setup like that. The one you have on it is a copy of the singer 45k type they used for sewing shoe soles, and it looks like it might be a fixer upper foot??

CIMG2336.thumb.JPG.f587bb7b19f04314cd230e26f0c73447.JPGCIMG2337.thumb.JPG.785434dd85018b144870b4338b1ba6d7.JPG

Yeah, no problem, All the best.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, Szymon said:

Thanks m8, I just bought this.

I hope it will fit

4FF14FF3-D183-4B3C-A712-B15A86155895.jpeg

sorry for intruding on your post but are Chinese parts any good 

I need the 3 plates for a singer 45k92

The Singer 45K92 is a flat bed machine - so feed dog and needle plate from the above set do not work but the presser foot will fit.

Keep in mind that the 45K came as flat bed machines (like yours) and cylinder Army machines like the 45K91, 45K25 and so forth - that's a big difference!

College Sewing in the UK has 45K flat bed needle plate and feed dog for a reasonable price:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/Singer45KSewingMachineParts

5 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

The Singer 45K92 is a flat bed machine - so feed dog and needle plate from the above set do not work but the presser foot will fit.

Keep in mind that the 45K came as flat bed machines (like yours) and cylinder Army machines like the 45K91, 45K25 and so forth - that's a big difference!

College Sewing in the UK has 45K flat bed needle plate and feed dog for a reasonable price:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/Singer45KSewingMachineParts

thank you 

was just wondering about Chinese stuff if they good 

Original Singer parts are a lot nicer but you no longer can buy OEM Singer parts - some dealers may have old stock parts but good luck finding them.

I have ordered one of the above mentioned sets for my 45D91 and the parts do work. They are as expected - functional but not beautiful. Well, they work and are well worth the money. I cannot speak for all Chinese parts but he above mentioned parts have good value for money ratio. I would buy them again.

15 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Original Singer parts are a lot nicer but you no longer can buy OEM Singer parts - some dealers may have old stock parts but good luck finding them.

I have ordered one of the above mentioned sets for my 45D91 and the parts do work. They are as expected - functional but not beautiful. Well, they work and are well worth the money. I cannot speak for all Chinese parts but he above mentioned parts have good value for money ratio. I would buy them again.

yeah they look ok as long as they fit and do what they're meant to do