Bender

New Here & a Question

New here and new to leather working.

Did some searches here concerning sealing leather. Still not real clear on what is a good product.

Resolene has mixed "reviews." I was fooling around running my own "experiments" and even sprayed a test piece with clear  gloss polyurethane. I knew that the poly would have some degree of flexibility. Seemed to work great, but it's been only a couple of days now.

What we're doing is laser engraving images onto small pieces of veg tan. We need to keep the resultant black ash from smearing and getting trapped in the pores. It looks horrible. We also need some degree of flexibility as one of our products we hope to make is those leather hair ties with with a stick through it. 

At our current level of "expertise" (or rather lack thereof...:) ) we aren't doing any actual tooling, dying or painting,... yet. 

So, given our current projects, stick with the polyurethane? Go with the 50/50 water/resolene? or is there a product that just plain works, no screwing around?

Obviously the last option would be preferred, but I do also recognize that often, as with ANYTHING in life, best results are obtained by consideration of actual desired real world end results, uses, application, appearance etc.

Check out RTC by Bee Natural.  Great product that should suit your needs.

Cool! Thanx! :) 

I gotta go do some stuff for my 9 to 5 but I'm on it! I would like to have something on hand before Christmas.

28 minutes ago, immiketoo said:

RTC by Bee Natural

Hi Mike

Is this available in EU that you know of?

Thanks

Harry

I think Logis De Cordes carries it, and maybe Rickert Werkzeuge.  If not, you can find it on Amazon.

Thank you, I saw it on Amazon and the price seemed a we bit high...

I'll check the others.

Best

H