Sign in to follow this  
pete

proper cinch for a 5/8 th's centerfire rig

What do you folks say about the proper cinch for a 5/8 th's centerfire rig for everyday riding. I've got a Capriolla(Paul Bear, maker) that needs a new one.

How many strands would be proper for everyday ranch work, light roping, brush popping, etc>

It came with a cotton 15 strand but it's plumb wore out. Never galled a horse though and rode steep and gnarly stuff in Wyoming and Northern Nevada.

pete

Pete,

I have been using and selling a few of the "roper special" cinches from Steve Bork. I like them, have worked for me, and see no reason to switch. They are double strung and I am not 100% sure how many strings they have. I have also used the original Cowboy Tack cinches when Dennis Moreland had it, they were double strung also. I am a mohair cinch fan, and haven't had problems with them.

What do you folks say about the proper cinch for a 5/8 th's centerfire rig for everyday riding. I've got a Capriolla(Paul Bear, maker) that needs a new one.

How many strands would be proper for everyday ranch work, light roping, brush popping, etc>

It came with a cotton 15 strand but it's plumb wore out. Never galled a horse though and rode steep and gnarly stuff in Wyoming and Northern Nevada.

pete

Pete you do not nessecarly need a double strung cinch but with a 5/8 or centerfire rig you want to use as wide a cinch as you can find. Greg