This is an update to the leather tools I need for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.  (I'll do another post of my progress on leather tools for our Girl Scout Council at a later date).

PLEASE LET OTHER LEATHERWORKERS KNOW ABOUT THIS POST.

I am currently looking for donations of the tools listed below.  

NOTE: First of all, I do realize that it is unlikely that I'm going to get everyone in the forum to clean out all their unused leather tools and send them to me.  Leather tools are expensive. What I would like is that all the people that read this, think about picking out a few tools that they don't use anymore and send them to me.  Maybe you've upgraded to Barry King or another maker.  Maybe you have some 3D stamps you know you will never use again.  Even if you are going to sell them, you can afford to take a few out and send them my way.  If I could get 100 people to do this it's worth the effort.  

My posts are already much too long so If you would like to discuss any of this with me, send me a message with your phone number and I would be happy to explain, in great detail, what I am trying to do.  This all started with me helping out with a Leatherworking Merit Badge class last May and I noticed how incomplete their tool set was and the horrible condition they were in.  But once I started looking at their leather tools and programs, it turned into a rabbit hole. 

I am trying to get our Local (Las Vegas) BSA Council's leather tools in shape.  The leather tools that they had were in such poor condition that I had to throw many of them away.  It doesn't look like they have any tools or stamps that are less than 20 years old.  

I donated over 300 stamps to put together some sets of tools for the Day Camps that they put on.  Even with what I donated, they are still very much incomplete.  These tool sets are loaned to the different districts in our council when they run a Day Camp which are held between May and October.  In addition, these sets are loaned out for merit badge classes.

I also inventoried the leather tools at the Boy Scout summer camp and was astonished how little they had.  I ended up leaving many of my tools and stamps for them to use last summer just so they would have a good selection of 3d stamps and alphabets to choose from.  There is a lot they need, just to do basic projects.  They don't even have a hole punch or rivet setter.

There is a 3rd program called Scout Reach.  It is designed to provide opportunities for at-risk children to get a taste of some scouting activities and hopefully get some of them to join the Cub Scout Pack at their school.  I looked at their tools and there is almost nothing left.  Some of the stamps were so damaged that I couldn't even identify what the stamp was to begin with.  They have not included leathercraft in this program for about 2 years.  But they very much want to.  So after I get the Day Camps and Summer Camp tool sets together, I will concentrate on Scout Reach.

Because of the way non-profits work, items purchased for a particular program must stay with that program.

Here is what has changed since the last request I posted.:

• They built a park next to the Council Office and need 1 additional set for day camps that they will keep there and not loan out. 
  • I juggled tools around from different programs (even though I wasn't supposed to) in order to spread out excess tools from 1 to another.
  • I talked to the "Grand Poobaa" at the council office and except for about $1,000 budgeted for the new, Park Day Camp, there is no money for leather tools.  This set will remain on premises, and not be loaned out.
  • I received about a dozen packages containing a wide variety of leather tools.  Most of it is going to the Summer Camp. 

See bottom of post for a list of priorities on use of cash and gift card donations.  

If you send anything please text me and let me know 

If you would like to make a cash donation, my Paypal ID is:    dprezgay@yahoo.com   

Checks can be made out to:   Las Vegas Area Council BSA   and sent to one of the address below.  Please include a letter specifying that it is to be used on leather tools and supplies, and include my name and phone number to contact when they receive the check. 

My address is:

Dale Prezgay

4800 Crimson Glory Lane

Las Vegas, NV  89130

702-768-3335

If you want to send directly to our Scout office, the address is:

Donald Reynolds Scouting Resource Center

7220 Paradise Rd

Las Vegas, NV  89119

702-736-4366

ATTN:  Edgar Almodovar

I can get you a donation letter from our Council if you request it.   ALL DONATIONS MADE THROUGH PAYPAL, OR by GIFT CARD, WILL RECEIVE A DONATION LETTER.  Please include your address so I can have it sent to you.

I can also use gift cards from Tandy, Home Depot (for mobile carts for the leather tools), Springfield Leather, Hobby Lobby.

NOTHING RECEIVED WILL BE SOLD.  If we can't use it then I try to trade for what we need or I will find another home for it at another Boy or Girl Scout Council.

So, this is what we still need:

Supplies and Tools:  

We need leather scraps.  All shapes, sizes, thicknesses, species.  Anything we can use that is at least large enough to make key fobs, rounders, etc..

Old leathercraft kits you aren't going to use.  

Hardware items like rivets, key rings, conchos and any other hardware you want to send our way.  Any size and finish.  Please put them in separate plastic bags.

Setters to go with the different fasteners.

Craftool Hand Press with any Press Dies.  I would like to get a couple for the Summer Camp.

Hammer/Mallet Dies in the shape of key fob patterns, rounders, coin purse.  Anything they can make a project out of.

Clicker Die Cutting Boards - They are usually red.  

Heavy Mauls - 3lbs and up - If you have any of these hanging around, even if they are in poor shape.  We will try to repair them to use.

Hole Punches - Oval and Round.  All sizes.

End Punches

Bag Punches

Lacing and sewing chisels 

Thread and Lace

Awls

Needles for lacing and sewing.

Lacing-Stitching Ponies - I'd like to get about 12 of these for Summer Camp.

Wood Tool Racks

Leathercraft Hammers

Wing Dividers

Stitching Groovers

Books, Patterns, Stencils and Craftaids.

Day Camps/          Park Day Camp           Summer Camp

Merit Badge Classes

Poundo Boards 6"x6"                                    32                              44                                0

Poundo Boards 12"x12"                                0                                  0                               16

Wood, Plastic or Rawhide Mallets/Mauls  8                                20                               0

Rotary Punch                                                  0                                   6                               4

Snap/Rivet Setters sets                              24                                  8                               6

Edge Slickers                                                24                                  0                             24

#2 or #3 Edge Bevelers                              24                                  0                                8

Leather Scissors                                           8                                  4                                8

Tool Handles - Large (for 3D Stamps)     43                               20                                8

Tool Handles - Small (for 3D Stamps)     78                               44                              24

Swivel knives                                                0                                  0                                23

Craftool or Midas:

1"Standard Alphabet Set                             0                                  1                                1

3/4" Standard Alphabet Set                        1                                  2                                1

3/4" Standard Number Set                         4                                  2                                 1

1/2" Alphabet Set                                        0                                  0                                0

1/2" Number Set                                          0                                 0                                 0

3/4" Wood Alphabet Set                            1                                  2                                2

1/2" Wood Alphabet Set                            5                                  2                                2

Other Alphabet and Number Sets           No                              Yes                             Yes             I would like to get as many different alphabet and number sets as possible.  Especially for Summer Camp

Springfield Leather:

3/8" Standard Alphabet Set                      5                                 3                                 2

1/4" Standard Alphabet Set                      5                                 3                                 2

T8133  - 3/8" Alphabet/Number Set       5                                3                                  2

T8137  - 1/4" Alphabet/Number Set        5                               3                                  2

3D  - Stamp Storage Boxes                      20                              12                               40 

Handle Stamps:     

We need all kinds of handle stamps. 

The Cub Scouts use mostly stamps that are a complete image.  Like a star, fish, flower,  etc...  Craftool makes some and Craft Japan has a lot of them. Basic Tool, and Baron Tool have a lot too.  Really any stamps would be great.  

The Summer Camp needs all kinds of handle stamps.  I'm trying to put together 24 sets of the "Basic 10 Tools".  I need 23-Swivel Knives, 23-8059's (stylus), 10-A104's, 8-B200's, 4-C431's, 6-P206's, 14-S724's, 18-V407's, 22-V707's and 24-X511's

For the Summer Camp, I would like to eventually get at least 1 complete set of all Craftool letter, no-letter and Craftool Pro stamps so the kids can make any design from any of the Tandy books and Craftaids.  

I would also like to get some Midas/Kelly Tool stamps and any from all other brand of leather stamps.  

On the off chance I receive donations of some premium stamps (Barry King, Linnell, etc...) I will save them for some intermediate and advanced classes I want to offer starting in 2020 or 2021..

I would also like some homemade tools to show the kids.  You know, the old timer ones made from nails and bolts and steel rods and such.  I have about 6 and they are pretty basic ones, so I would like to have more to show them.

ANY LEATHER STAMP, ANY BRAND - We will use them.

Day Camps/          Park Day Camp           Summer Camp

Merit Badge Classes

Handle Stamp Sets:  This is what I'm looking for but other stamp sets will be sent to the Summer Camp.

69005-00  Large Barb Wire                        5                               2                                   2

69005-50  Small Barb Wire                       1                                2                                   2

69010-00  Meander Stamp Set                 5                                2                                  2

69006-00  Star, Rope Barb Wire Set         0                                2                                   2

69008-00  Geometric Circle Stamp Set    0                              0                                    1

69011-00  Geometric # Stamp                0                               0                                    1

69012-00  Chain Link Stamp Set             0                              2                                    2

69012-50  Mini Chain Link Stamp Set    0                               2                                    2

69016-50 1/8" Rope Stamp Set              0                               0                                    1

69017-00  Triangle Weave Stamp Set   0                                0                                   1

69018-00  Circle Weave Stamp Set      0                                0                                   1

69019-00  Square Weave Stamp Set    0                                0                                   1 

69020-00  Diamond Wicker Stamp Set   0                             0                                   1

69022-00  Geometric Border Stamp Set 0                            0                                    1

69024-00  Cross Stamp Set                  5                                1                                  1

69034-00  Scroll Stamp Set                   0                              0                                  1

69035-00  Steampunk Gear set          5                                 2                                  1

69100-00  Armed Services Stamp Set  5                             1                                   1

Baron Tool Smiley Face - Big Eyes:

891                                                       5                              1                                    1

892                                                       5                              1                                    1

893                                                       5                              1                                    1

Baron Tool Smiley Face - Small Eyes:

881                                                       5                              1                                    1

882                                                       5                              1                                    1

883                                                       5                              1                                    1

Craftool 2D/3D Stamp Sets:

8161-00  Celtic Stamp Set                      5                                 1                                  1

8156-00  Emoji Stamp Set                      5                                1                                   1

8162-00  Floral Stamp Set                      0                                  1                                  1

8158-00  Sports Stamp Set                    5                                  1                                  1

8165-00  Christmas Stamp Set              0                                1                                   1

8160-00  Native American Stamp Set   5                                1                                   1

8159-00  Cartoon Stamp Set                  5                                1                                   1

8167-00  Text Terms Set                         5                                1                                   1

8164-00  Inspirational Stamp Set          5                               1                                   1

8500-00  Mini Stamp Set 1                     5                                1                                   1

8501-00  Mini Stamp Set 2                     5                                1                                   1

8197-00 Zodiac Stamp Set                    0                                 0                                   1  This is an older set

8163-00 Geometric Stamp Set              0                                1                                   1

8149-00  Chinese Character Set           0                                 0                                  1

Midas:

3550  Mini Stamp Set 1                          5                                1                                    1

3551  Mini Stamp Set 2                          5                                1                                    1

Hobby Lobby:

1/4" Funtime Stamp Set                        8                                 2                                   2

1/4" Bugs Stamp Set                             8                                  2                                   2

1/4" Adventure Stamp Set                    8                                  2                                    2

1/4" Tracks Stamp Set                          8                                  2                                    2

2D and 3D Stamps:

Craftool 5/8" 3D Stamps:

#8800 to #8871                                 5 Sets                       1 Set                            1 Set        I really need these for the Cub Scouts.  They have a really hard time trying to get a good impression with the larger stamps.

Scout Related Stamps:

Cub Scout:

Handle Stamp K594 Peace Sign     10                               2                                   2

8532 - 2 Finger Peace Sign              5                                 1                                   1

Cub Scout                                            1                                2                                   2

Cub Scout (Background 2)               5                                2                                   2

8445 Tiger Cub                                  1                                 2                                  2       

8442 Bobcat                                      1                                2                                   2

8441 Wolf                                          1                                 2                                 2

8443 Bear                                          1                                 2                                  2

8444 Webelos                                   1                                 2                                 2

8440 Arrow of Light                         1                                 2                                  2

Boy Scout:

8214 or 8402 Eagle Emblem        5                                  4                                  2

8409, 8506 or 8543 BSA Eagle   5                                  4                                   2

8508 or 8545 OA Indian Head    5                                   2                                 2

8511 or 8411 OA Round w/Arrow   5                            2                                    2

Wood Badge:     

8544 or 8410 Axe & Log               0                                 1                                 0

8412 Fox                                         0                                 1                                  1       

8413 Buffalo                                  0                                 1                                  1       

8414 Antelope                               0                                 1                                  1       

8415 Bear                                       0                                 1                                  1       

8416 Owl                                         0                                 1                                  1       

8417 Bobwhite                              0                                 1                                  1       

8418 Beaver                                   0                                 1                                  0       

8419 Eagle                                     0                                 1                                  1       

Girl Scouts:  Yes some leaders are also working with GS or have kids involved in GS.

8483 Girl Scout Contemporary   0                                1                                 1

8484 Girl Scout Trefoil                 0                                1                                 1

8485 Girl Scout Daisy                   0                                1                                 1     

8486 Girl Scout Brownie             0                                1                                 1

Other 2D/3D Stamps:

For the Day Camp Sets I am trying to get all Craftool stamps currently being made plus some select discontinued stamps (mostly Native American, religion related, sports and military stamps)

I am trying to put together 4 complete sets of 2D/3D leather stamps made by Craftool, The Leather Factory and Midas, for the following:

1 set that I am putting together to teach classes at Scouts, youth groups, schools, etc.  

1 set for BSA Summer Camp

1 Set for the Park Day Camp

1 Set for Girl Scouts

There is about 739 different stamps that were made by the three manufacturers listed above.  That's a total of 2,956 stamps.  I still need over 1,700 to meet this goal.  

I'm also trying to get 1 complete set as extras so I can replace any missing stamps when I do an inventory each year.  However I am not making a great effort on this and not included in the above calculations.  The one's I have came from other sets I bought on ebay that were included with the one's I wanted or got them real cheap when Tandy discontinues and clearances them.

If you want to donate to a specific program like Summer Camp or Girl Scouts then specify that in the package that is sent.

Instead of listing which 2D & 3D stamps I need, these are the ones I DON'T Need:

Craftool 8203   Spade
     Craftool 8209   Mason Symbol
     Craftool 8214   Mushroom
     Craftool 8215   Frog
     Craftool 8216   Owl
     Craftool 8216   4-H
     Craftool 8217   Butterfly
     Craftool 8218   Deer
     Craftool 8219   Eastern Star
     Craftool 8220   Large Left Foot
     Craftool 8222   Horse Head
     Craftool  8223   Frog
     Craftool 8302   Moose
     Craftool 8306   Flying Duck Right
     Craftool 8307   Elk
     Craftool 8308   Pheasant Flying
     Craftool 8309   Deer Leaping
     Craftool 8317   2 Rifles Crossed
     Craftool 8323   Cattails
     Craftool 8325   Desert Bush
     Craftool 8326   Mountain with Clouds
     Craftool 8329   Pine Trees
     Craftool 8337   Rainbow with Clouds
     Craftool 8339   Unicorn Head
     Craftool 8343   Right Cougar Head
     Craftool 8351   Eagle Harley Type
     Craftool 8356   Semi Truck
     Craftool 8359   Skull and Crossbones
     Craftool 8366   Leaping Deer Left
     Craftool 8367   Left Facing Bear
     Craftool 8369   Eagle with Talons Left
     Craftool 8383   Right Bison Head
     Craftool 8412   Teddy Bear Boy
     Craftool 8421   Log Cabin
     Craftool 8427   Cougar Head
     Craftool 8461   Zebra
     Craftool 8463   Panther
     Craftool 8464   Dolphin
     Craftool 8465   Lion
     Craftool 8467   Elephant
     Craftool 8468   Hippo
     Craftool 8473   Spurs
     Craftool 8476   Mountain - Devil's Towers
     Craftool 8477   Horse Stopping
     Craftool 8481   Stage Coach
     Craftool 8482   Stage Coach Horses
     Craftool 8490   Basketweave Strap End
     Craftool 8648   Sphinx Front
     Craftool 8673   Skull Key

Craftool 8683   Scarab
     Craftool 8685   Ankh

All other 2D & 3D stamps not listed above we need.

Priorities on Cash and Gift Card Donations

Home Depot Gift Cards   (I need around 1,400.00 total)

Day Camp - 5 Ridgid Pro Gear Cart Tool Boxes    59.00 each                          295.00 plus tax.

Day Camp - 5 Ridgid Pro Tool Boxes                      39.00 each                          195.00 plus tax.

Day Camp - 5 Ridgid Pro Organizers                      29.00 each                          145.00 plus tax.

Day Camp - 5 Ridgid Pro Box                                  19.97 each                           100.00 plus tax.

Summer Camp - 3 Ridgid Pro Tool Boxes             39.00 each                           117.00 plus tax.

Summer Camp - 2 to 4 Small Part Organizers.   I haven't decided on a model yet.

Summer Camp - Large Locking Rolling Job Box -    Around 400.00 plus tax.   Currently leather tools are mixed with other merit badge supplies and is already full.  This is needed because we will be getting more leather tools and to keep the leather tools separate.

Springfield Leather Gift Card (I need around 1,300.00 total)

Day Camp - Alphabet and Number Sets listed above                                            696.00 plus shipping

Summer Camp - Alphabet and Number Sets listed above                                    174.00 Plus shipping

3d Stamp Boxes - A lot of these are to replace damaged boxes for alphabet sets they already have.     432.00 Plus shipping

Hobby Lobby Gift Card

1/4" stamps listed above              Around 500.00 plus tax

Tandy Gift Card

All needed mallets, poundo boards, tool handles for the 3 programs above

Day Camp - 1/4" & 5/8" 2D and 3D stamps

Day Camp - 2D and 3D stamp sets starting with Native American Symbols, Emoji, Cartoon, Sports

Summer Camp - Same order as Day Camps

All current large 2D and 3D stamps to fill in what is missing from what we already have for all programs.

Cash Donations

After using all gift cards, I will make purchases in the following order from the gift card lists above:

Tandy - The 1st 4 items listed

Springfield Leather

Tandy - The last item listed 

Hobby Lobby

Home Depot

Cash will then be used almost exclusively to purchase new tools and supplies needed for each program. 

In addition I will be watching ebay and a number of other sites for good deals on leather tools.

Like I stated before.  Any Leather tools and Supplies that are donated will not be sold.  But if we purchase any tools on ebay and it turns out that we don't need them we may sell those in order to get other needed tools.

If you read all the way to the end your amazing

Thanks,

Dale