T191032

Hi, Some advise on cleaning.

While I've worked on a few things, to try my hand. I'm certainly not an expert on subject leather in general, and certainly on this in particular.

My Mother gave me an old, read that as "Vintage" [probably as old, or older than myself] leather purse, to clean up for her.  Inside it says "Genuine Leather Made in Mexico".  She's most concerned with any cleaning of the exterior changing the color of the purse.

At present, the items I have that pertain to leather are Kiwi Leather conditioner (paste), and Kiwi Saddle Soap (paste).  I know the Kiwi Conditioner changed the color of an old leather magnifying slip case I had after I applied it.

What's the best way for me to proceed?

Mom's Purse 02.jpg

Mom's Purse 01.jpg

I have had good luck with Nature Glo cleaner and moisturizing lotion.

granted both the items I used them on were already pretty dark, they didn’t seem to make them darker after they dried.

you could suggest to your Mum that it may well have been darker when it was made. You could feed it and leave it to absorb the dressing then it would lighten off.

I got some better pictures outside the other day of it, just hadn't had time to upload any of how it looks.

Pkay, I have to say until the other day, I'd never seen it or even knew she had it. 

Mom's Purse 03 - Outside.jpg

Mom's Purse 04 - Outside.jpg

Mom's Purse 05 - Outside.jpg