ZeusMC13a

Newbie Making A Concho Hatband

Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year.
Conchos I've seen are screw fit fixings are there other types? See attached photo does the concho screw fixing go right down into leather so screw face is flush with leather, then assume sits nice and flat on the hat? Leather must be suitable thickness to match length of concho fixing pin? Hole punch must have suitable size to match concho pin fitting? How does one fit the buckle to the belt, stud rivets, do I need a special tool for this? Regarding diameter of hat where band fits how many round 1 inch diameter conchos should I be thinking of getting to get a nice effect? Exacto knife and new blade and metal straightedge to cut leather?
If anything I haven't thought of, please point out?
Thanks

Conchos Into Belt .jpg

Edited by ZeusMC13a

The best thing you could do at this point would be to check out youtube for videos on hatbands in general, leather hatbands, installing conchos in leather, and peruse the other video options on the right side of the youtube page for other related subjects. 
"Making belts" is good basis for making hatbands, they're the same thing. Keep in mind that any band wide enough for the size conchos you're thinking of will likely need to be cut with a slight bow, as the hat is tapered. I see that even with 5/8" bands.

Jeff