Sign in to follow this  
KennethM

Needle/thread disscusion

I was using #69 thread with size 18 needle on my wallets.

The outside panel is oz.The Knott always centered however I always had issues with corners and needles bending,etc

So as of late I switched to #92 thread with size 20 needle.Now on 3oz naturally it seems impossible to center the knott however when all the panels of the wallet are together it works great.However on most of my bi fold wallets.the upper outside panel has a decorative stitch.So if you were me what would you do since the Knott doesnt really center.

Would you just make the outside look great and let the Knott rest on the bottom side?.

In the future I may switch to 4-5oz for the otter panel and lighter oz for the inner however right now I cant do that.

Try using V92 on the top and V69 in the bobbin it may result in the knot being more in the centre. You will probably have to re adjust the bobbin tension to give you the right tension.

kgg

10 hours ago, kgg said:

Try using V92 on the top and V69 in the bobbin it may result in the knot being more in the centre. You will probably have to re adjust the bobbin tension to give you the right tension.

kgg

Thats a good idea off .didn't think of that.Thank you