Sign in to follow this  
shirleyz

seats from ShirleyZ

Beautiful as always. Good to see you posting again. thought you fell off the face of the planet.

very nice. i like them all!!!

Shirley,

Sweetheart, As usual... you have out done yourself! Very nice.... any more pix of the second one? Looks like a honda seat... LOL

Glad to see you posting your works!

Mike

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. For a finish on the first seat I just sealed the natural leather and used dark brown antique paste. The second I put the seat out in the sun for a few hours, sealed it and used medium brown antique. the last seat I dyed with my airbrush.

Here's a side profile of the second seat Mike. It's actually for a custom build.

Shirley

I especially like that second seat Shirley, great art work that is expertly tooled. But the lacing really sets it off. Are these all wet molded or dry laced like I do?

Dave Theobald

DSC01429.JPG

Okay, here is the side view of the second seat.

The first and third seat were dry laced, but had to wet the second because of the goofy shape.

Shirley

post-92-1187487373_thumb.jpg

DSC01429.JPG

Okay, here is the side view of the second seat.

The first and third seat were dry laced, but had to wet the second because of the goofy shape.

Shirley

That's an interesting shape for sure, I really like the artwork on that, your original art? or was it customer supplied?

Hey I guess leatherwork does pay off....look at that swimmin hole! I got a crick in the holler out back but it's all dried up now. :biggrin: :coffee:

Dave