Sign in to follow this  
ke6cvh

Sychronized binder for Cowboy CB-4500

Hello group,  Currently my heaviest machines are a circa 1913 Singer 45k1, a hand crank Frobana (honestly haven't used it yet but own one), Singer 112w-139 (thanks Bob at Toledo), and I'm currently waiting for a CB-4500 Bob sold me some time back with all the bells and whistles.  We have lots of lesser machines for medium weight work.  I'm an American living overseas so have to be exceptionally patient and inventive on how to get stuff here.  Was studying the Pfaff 545 and that looks to be an amazing machine.  Found this video linked below on youtube where a sharp gent figured out how to make a synchronized binder.  He has a feed dog with a hole in it then uses a long piece of 1/8 inch maple to accomplish the rest from a pivot point on the far end of the maple.  Is it possible to DIY a right angle synchronized binder for the CB-4500 or is that an already available option (I'm thinking not)?  Best regards, Mike  

CowboySew already makes a synchronized binder attachment for their CB4500 and related machines. Ask Bob Kovar for the details.

Thanks again Wiz,  Really big help.  Best regards, Mike