Hey everybody I was wondering what thoughts were on best books for leatherworking, not totally beginners books but full range type. The older ones I feel are better as they offer some of the older methods and procedures lost to modernization. Also was wondering if anyone still uses vinegaroon to dye their pieces I tried it and it works very well just don't know what the leather will do in the future.

knife3.JPG

Edited by chuck123wapati
added pic.

The Stohlman books are still very much worth having. I highly recommend his books on Pictorial Carving and Figure Carving. His book on Leathercraft Tools is also a very valuable resource when it comes to learning how to properly sharpen and maintain your tools as well as tips on using them. 

The big book on How to Carve Leather is also a gorgeous book to look at and contains many useful hints.

And if you are going to want to learn how to emboss leather, there is no better book than his book on embossing! https://www.amazon.com/art-embossing-leather-Al-Stohlman/dp/B0006EOA8S  Just ask ABHandmade, who has used this book extensively to make his beautiful embossed leather carvings!

Thanks I have one of them already I will be searching for the others, would like to learn more about animals seems everyone wants a critter on their work.