williaty

Flat bed for the Consew 227R-2?

Barring disaster, I'm going tomorrow to pick up my first leather machine, a used Consew 226R-2. Does anyone know if there's an off-the-shelf option for a flat bed adapter so I can use it as either style of machine? I got the idea because some people here on this forum have shown homemade versions. I'm just checking to make sure I can't buy a commerical one before I spend the time bodging one together. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about:

photo 2.JPG

The machine now lives with me, so I definitely want a flat bed/table. Is there really no commercial one available?

I almost positive you not going to find a model specific flat-bed attachment made for your Consew model .
You will have to adapt another table made for different model of similar size . or build new from scratch . I would look first for some compatible to length/size with your Consew cylinder bed .

My 1st thought  .. was maybe checking to see if ( UWE flat-bed ) for the Pfaff-335 will be close to working size . ?
You might get Lucky . it easy to trim a wood top to fit . Also really easy to Drill and thread Tap a new hole here or there on a Machines head to make bolt mounting work .

edit Add:
Adaptation of another model table will be hit or miss.. 
But As far as the UWE table, If you tried  . He integrates throat-plate to pass threw the wood top . The holes on his tables will be drilled and mount in holes to that model ..
You might get lucky ??? and maybe drill a couple new hole to mount to your throat plate , or with out having to trim for the Consew dogs to fit-up threw .

https://uwe.store/products/ut335-flatbed-table-attachment-for-pfaff-335

Edited by nylonRigging