Sign in to follow this  
BruceWampler

Feed dog marks & balance wheel

1. Got a used Consew 206RB5. Trying to adapt it so I can quit, or at least minimize my hand sewing. I have an extra feed dog for it, but before I take it to the Dremel table, I figured I would check and see if there were other options. What works best? Tension on the pressure foot, rounding the teeth on the pressure foot, grinding them off, grinding them down?

2. Balance wheel was changed. Just a plain old (about 5") pulley looking aluminum wheel on it right now. Anybody got anything laying around they'd let go for cheap so I didn't have to have my hand riding so close to the belt?

The Consew 206RB series are clones/improvements of the Singer 111w155. They take the same smooth feet as all other 111 clones. Why not buy smooth bottom feet instead of destroying the ones you got with the machine? These inside and outside feet are sold in pairs by virtually every industrial sewing machine dealer in the known World.

Here is just one of many styles of presser feet used in a Consew 206RB or Singer 111w155.