BDAZ

Stitching issues on a 3200 with 5-6 oz veg tan

I've seen the tension posts on old Singer 7 class that are worn down from the roller,so alittle oil on the shaft once in a while wouldn't hurt.But then again the old Singer coulda been 100 yrs old & used 8 hrs a day for most of it's life so all kind of parts show wear.

Just wanted to say how thrilled I am with my "new" 3200. I have been using the machine for 6 years and always though it just wasn't designed for 5 oz leather. In the attached test pic, I slowly and gradually adjusted the tension and the knots disappeared into the leather then loosened up a bit and up they came!  (This was a test on some scrap) . The back was perfect. That would have been IMPOSSIBLE last week!  It's like someone snuck into my workshop and swapped my old machine for a new one! 

Thanks again to all!

Bob

Stitch-Test.jpg

Edited by BDAZ

Looks great!! Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Should have paid more attention to how the check spring was working...Oh well! I think the felt washers make the adjustments more consistent. 

Back to work!!

Bob