Kolton45

Floral wallet practice

This is a craftaid pattern and looking for advise of what everyone thinks of it and what I did wrong and what I did right 

Screenshot_20190801-162241_Gallery.jpg

That all looks pretty good to me. Maybe the background is a little patchy in some areas and a bit 'to regular' in some areas, specifically above the scroll on the left, but overall I would be very happy with this result if it was mine..

1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

That all looks pretty good to me. Maybe the background is a little patchy in some areas and a bit 'to regular' in some areas, specifically above the scroll on the left, but overall I would be very happy with this result if it was mine..

Thank you and yes I deffinetly need to keep practicing on the backgrounding it's so frustrating cause I'll do a couple of the sections good then theres always a couple that I turn into hamburger hahah but when you say 'a bit to regular' what do you mean by that? 

1 hour ago, Kolton45 said:

'a bit to regular' what do you mean by that? 

In your original picture, the piece I have outlined appeared to be straight lines of backgrounding, whereas the other areas appeared more random.

When I zoomed your picture out to see the detail better, I see you have used a bar grounder, for the background.

So, of course the background is a series of straight lines, but the area I have outlined, does stand out a little more. Not a huge discrepancy, just the first thing that caught my eye.

I have never tried a bar grounder. I (attempt to) use a random backgrounder or a matted backgrounder.

Screenshot_20190801-162241_Gallery_jpg_85718f795f2cba88154f25ae12cceecf.jpg

On 8/1/2019 at 10:55 PM, Rockoboy said:

In your original picture, the piece I have outlined appeared to be straight lines of backgrounding, whereas the other areas appeared more random.

When I zoomed your picture out to see the detail better, I see you have used a bar grounder, for the background.

So, of course the background is a series of straight lines, but the area I have outlined, does stand out a little more. Not a huge discrepancy, just the first thing that caught my eye.

I have never tried a bar grounder. I (attempt to) use a random backgrounder or a matted backgrounder.

Screenshot_20190801-162241_Gallery_jpg_85718f795f2cba88154f25ae12cceecf.jpg

Yeah I have alot of practicing to do with bargrounding still but I love they way they turn out when done "correctly" haha I just have a long way to go till I get to that stage