internetcowboy

Leather Butt Stock Cover "Lined or Not Lined"

I have made several butt stock covers for customers and have been debating whether I should line the inside of the cover with pig skin or I have some decent suede that could be used.  My thinking is it would be less friction on the stock itself reducing the opportunity to wear the finish on the wood stock.  Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other on this.  Most I see today are not lined but figured it would be worth asking about.

thanks...

Suede is a common liner from all that I have seen.  I made one and used some suede to line it.  The stock was black polymer so I don't believe it was needed but I did it anyway for aesthetics.  Depending on the expense of the gun, I question how much damage will be caused to the finish once the cover is sinched down.  I would line it if you are using eyelets because I could see where the metal could cause damage.  Post some pics of your previous covers, I always enjoy some eye candy.

Liner it is.  thanks MarkCdub.  I will post some pics.  have to get them off my phone/camera.  The one I am making is for a new Henry 45-70 Brass...