dprezgay

Wanted - Leather Tools for Scouts

First, I want to thank everyone that has supported us in the past.  We've received some really great stuff.

I'm doing a final push to try to get the rest of the basic stuff we need, and have it ready by May 2020.

I am looking for donations of the following Leather Tools and Stamps to use with Scout and Youth groups in the Las Vegas Valley.  The BSA Council is trying to get together the necessary tools for 5 sets (4 for up to 22 scouts and 1 for up to 44 scouts) of leather tools for Cub Scout Day Camps and the Boy Scout Leatherwork Merit Badge classes.

Large donations are great, but even small donations are greatly appreciated.  Even one tool from the list would be fantastic. 

I can get you a donation letter, for tax purposes,  from our BSA Council if you want it for any of the donations you send.

Cash - Always welcome.  Please contact me first so we can discuss what you would like purchased with your donation.  You can even purchase it and have it sent to us.

Gift Cards from Tandy, Springfield Leather, Weaver Leather, ebay and Amazon would be most welcome.  Even Home Depot or Lowes since we need storage containers and other supplies.

15 - 8059 Stylus

13 - U710 Mules Foot Stamp

17 - X511 Basketweave Stamps

132- Small Stamp Handles - The kind with the little ball that prevents the stamp from falling off.  They only have a couple of these. 

44 - Large Stamp Handles - The kind with the little ball that prevents the stamp from falling off.  But not the ones made by Ivan.  They don't fit some of the 3D stamps.

20 - 1/4" alphabet and number sets (8137 or T8137

24 - poundo boards - 6"x6" or larger.  I will cut to size.

24 - Leather Shears - We need the heavy duty ones like Tandy Super Shears

24- Snap/Rivet Setter Sets - They currently have no setters at all

24 - Both Mini and Maxi Hole Punch Sets (They have zero hole punches)

48 - Wing Dividers- Preferably 3" - 6" but all sizes welcome. 

All Scout related Leather Stamps especially the BSA eagle, OA and Wood Badge stamps (we really need these)

Empty Stamp Boxes For 1/2" and 3/4" 3/D, Alphabet and Number Stamps - Must be in good condition.  I need to replace a bunch of the old boxes because they are severely damaged

60 - No 2 (Round Profile) Edge Bevelers - Other sizes welcome also

Any leather stamps you no longer need.  Including handle stamps, 3D stamps and stamp sets.

8 - 1/2" Wood alphabet sets - Even partial ones as we always need to replace letters that are lost. 

6 - each of the craftool stamp sets, like the Native American Symbol set, Cartoon Animal set, Text Terms set, etc...

All leather tools are welcome.  Tools we do not need for the above tools sets will be saved for the Summer Camp Program.  

If you want a complete list of what we need, message me and I will send it to you.

And please pass this to your friends in leatherworking.  Everyone usually has a few tools they don't need anymore.

Please send all donations to:

Donald Reynolds Scouting Resource Center

Attn: Edgar and Dale

7220 Paradise Rd

Las Vegas, NV  89119

Even if you decide not to send us anything, please support your local Scout council and ask about donating leather tools to them. 

Thanks,

Dale

On 10/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, TonySFLDLTHR said:

You could even contact us...we have been known to do quite a bit with scouts in our area.

What would you like to talk about?

Edited by Northmount
Removed non-related quote