Sign in to follow this  
kgg

New accessories for my Juki 1541S and sewing Table, #3

The third accessory is a newer version of a thread stand. This was to solve a couple of problems related to thread problems particularly with 8 oz cones. I have to add an over view shot of the setup showing the bobbin/vape holder, bobbin thread pin guide and the thread stand in another topic due to file upload size.

1. I always have hated the cheap two clone stand that came with the table which at best is a cheap $10 Chinese stand. There is a simple solution to fixing the two cone stand but I still hated the look.

2. Get more cones of either 8 oz or 16 oz size clones in the least amount of underutilized space on the table while freeing/ cleaning up more table space.

3. Eliminate the thread backlash problems associated with 8 oz cones. The cone stand will hold at least five 8 oz cones or two 16 oz cones with one 8 oz. The cone platform sits on the right rear side of the sewing table with the cones being pressed into a 3mm high density foam base overlay. The cones are forced into the foam base overlay by a nut. Forcing the troublesome 8 oz cones into the foam works really well in getting rid of the problem of the thread backlash causing the thread to be sucked under the base of the 8 oz cone and jamming. The top thread guides have less a severe downward angle and are more inline with the machines thread pin and also the thread tensioner guide.

My previous solution of mounting the 8 oz cones horizontally did work but as the amount of thread on the come became less problems did occur requiring more tensioner adjustments then I liked.

All comments, suggestions welcome,

kgg

junkstand.jpg

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg