Pintodeluxe

Remove Needle Bar Pfaff 545

I need to replace the needle bar on my Pfaff 545.  The integral thread guide broke, so I ordered a new needle bar, and I have the new part.  I removed the hook, and loosened the needle bar, but when I try to slide it down and out it hits other parts.  It seems to contact the mechanism that drives the feed dogs.  

Do I continue disassembly of the feed dog mechanism, or is there an easier way?  

Remove the needle bar holder and slide it to the left?

Thanks for any input you can offer.

IMG_20191109_203648715_compress75.jpg

IMG_20191109_203623316_compress20.jpg

Edited by Pintodeluxe

No need for removing hook and feed dog parts. Pull out the needle bar rock frame. You can pull it out sideways thats a lot easier. ;)

If you have a parts list it shows the involved parts.

I also have a dismantling instruction for a 145  but it refers to an old parts list with old parts numbers but it may help you.

Thanks for the reply.  I'd love to see the dismantling instructions for the 145 if you have them.

Thanks! 

Just found this picture in another thread - it may help you to locate the parts

EDIT:

Just saw your reply.

Here it is is but sorry not pictures.

Dismantling Pfaff 145 SML.PDF

I also have the parts list with old parts number but it is in German language and different to the "new" parts list and to large to attach here please send me your email address so I can forward it.

Pfaff145.png

Edited by Constabulary

The pictures and info have me on the right track.  It looks like I need to remove the hand operated foot lifter to allow the needle bar frame to slide out.

Just trying to figure out how the lifter mechanism comes out.

So I figured out what parts need to be removed, and successfully replaced the needle bar.  It's sewing like new again.  Thanks again for the help.

A lot of the parts that need to be removed to get the needle bar frame out relate to the foot lifting mechanism.  There is a secondary cover on the left side of the head.  Once that comes off (with 2 screws) it exposes a flat head bolt.  Remove the flat head bolt to start releasing linkage components for the lifter mechanism.  Before long the needle bar frame will slide out sideways.

Thanks again to those who messaged me and commented on this topic, it was very helpful.

Edited by Pintodeluxe