KennethM

Braided dog leashes

Hey guys,I want to make some braided dog leashes for a family member..not sure what lace ,width or thickness to use for this..would love advice and be pointed in the right direction!

Thank you in advance

What kind of dogs?  How many strands do you want to use?  Are you going to use a core?  How long do you plan to make them?  You might check the braiding section in fabrication in forums.  

Edited by steven1
add link

2 hours ago, steven1 said:

What kind of dogs?  How many strands do you want to use?  Are you going to use a core?  How long do you plan to make them?  You might check the braiding section in fabrication in forums.  

Thank you for the link

4 strand braid,no core.. wanting to make just some general use leashes for family and to sell at local fairs .I am just curious on width, thickness,etc leather lace I should use

I would probably use a 4-5 oz latigo leather.  You could try it out with some 1/2" x 6' saddle strings.  That won't give you a long leash but would give you an idea and a starting point for minimal investment.