arvadaTag

Heat Transfer Vinyl to leather

I'm having some success transferring any number of thermal vinyl applications to leather but I've found the internet to get a little lacking on precision settings ect. If there's any of you in the room that could point me in the right direction. Specifically I'm working with Stahl's Cad Cut Heat Transfer Vinyl.

Kind Regards,
Ryan

We use .5mil vinyl to heaseal the back of our patches, this seals the threads and adds body to the patch.

I also do this on bonding leather together for wallets and purses.  This can be tricky because the heat transfer

through the leather can be variable based on thickness.  Base line for patches is 350 degrees for 30 seconds

For leather it can be 60 seconds or more.  There are variables.  However using top grain chrome leather in most

cases will work.  ( Euro leather can be a problem because it has some veg properties because of

regulations)  One neat property is the ability to mold while hot.   The best method is having thinner leather

close to the heats source.  The leather is protected on each side while bonding with parchment paper.

tx Lynn