Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hewittknives

Knife sheath

Guest Hewittknives

Hi an Adler model 31-10(? Or so I was told) can’t find info on it looks similar to the 31-70 ; came up for sale . I was wondering if that’d be a good machine for sheath work on knives? Thanks any input would be helpful. I’ve had some experience with the cobra series 4 I know how versatile it is and was wondering if anyone knew about the Adler mentioned herein, is it comparable in terms of 7/8 sewing ,adj stitch length  thread n needle capacity and are parts available type of stuff etc etc etc ? Not knowing thanks for any info. 

The one you are interested in is the Adler 30-10. It is a long arm boot patcher with a very small bobbin. I have a related machine: the Adler 30-7 that has a larger bobbin. These machines are for light duty patching and repairing jobs. Most users thread them with #69 or #92 bonded nylon thread. They max out at about 5/16 inch and are not a good machine for sheathes or holsters. Worst of all, they are top feed only and there are deep teeth on the foot.

You should consider becoming a member here and reposting your questions in our Leather Sewing Machines forum. If you remain here as a guest, all replies have to await a moderator's approval to be unhidden. You won't have access to our private message system either as a non-member.