Nate88

Hi from Minneapolis!

have been sewing for about a year now, mainly making bike bags and camping gear. I love working with sewing machines and I just recently bought a juki lu-563. The machine is in pretty rough shape, so it's been a hell of a time getting it to work. I found this website in search of some advice.

I'll post a few of my bike bags here, but I am also looking for some ideas for leather projects? I have never worked with leather before. A friend of mine who works at RedWing shoes gave me a big piece of factory reject leather and I want to make wallets or slings or something small and simple.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

edit: Max file size is only 1.46MB. How do y'all add pictures and videos?

-Nate

Welcome to the forum! 
To add pictures, you need to reduce the file size, of course. Open up your BIG picture in another program that will let you resize. 
(I use Microsoft's basic Paint program for this, just because it's there, it's quick, and works fine for just resizing. There are many programs that people use to do this.)
What kind of leather did you get? Is it chrome tanned or veg tanned?