ConcordNC

Juki LU-563 Vs Pfaff 545

I am about to purchase my first machine for leather and marine vinyl upholstery. I am looking at a Juki 563 and a Pfaff 545. Both seem to be in above average condition based on tightness and paint wear. Either can be on a base with a Consew3000 servo. The Juki is $300 more. He also has a Consew 224R-1 That shows a lot more paint wear,
for about half the price of the Pfaff. 
Any reason to go with one over the other? Reasonable price from an independent dealer/mechanic?

F6B6CF51-C93A-498F-9FF1-8DC6225E57AF.jpeg

4065598B-74CA-4327-ABBB-6614BA0197A0.jpeg

2AA85846-9218-45BD-A6F2-A8A2F45DC96E.jpeg

If it was me I would buy the Juki 563 because parts & accessories are easier to get and are cheaper too (Singer 111 based machine) and afaik the bobbin is a lot larger as on the 545. The Pfaff looks refurbished to me ( a bit strange color) and the stitch length adjustment thingy looks a bit strange to me as well..

Edited by Constabulary

I agree with Constabulary on this. The Pfaff is a very old machine with expensive spareparts. Looks to have had a air cylinder pneumatic reverse perhaps. That might have been in a factory set up, looks painted too. The Juki is a quiet modern machine although it looks similar. Bigger bobbin is a plus, these 563's are also very well made. Of course the Pfaff is too, but its a very old machine by now. Also, Im not sure if the Pfaff has a hook safety's clutch. The Pfaff 1245 has that but I don't think this one has it. That's an very important issue.

Tor

I'll have to agree with both the above posts,get the Juki there's more feet available @ 1/2 the price of Pfaff feet & way easier to get them & any other parts you might need.